Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall Fun




   This post is going to have a little of everything fall. I like fall..I don't LOVE it. But, I like it. The colours outside, the crisp air and warm drinks.I would love fall more if winter wasn't so close behind. I have heard we are in for a cold one and the last winter was hard and long. So I am going to have to come up with some ways to make this winter more fun.But, that will be another post.So today I just wanted to share some of the fun things we have been up to this October and November.




When we were on holidays John's aunt need some of her apples picked. I volunteered Josh and I. It was outside, he loves to be busy,  it had a ladder and it's something we hadn't done yet. We had a grand time and it was so gorgeous outside.The apples were yummy too!!










          Yummy!!!









  When my in laws came home a week later I got the best surprise. John's aunt's sent us some homemade goodies.Apple butter- oh my word. I lick the knife.I will not waste a drop of it. Apple butter. Pickled beets and grape jelly. I am a very lucky girl!!!










  So from my recent cookbook purchase "Peas and Thank you" I made black bean soup (yes.. you see kidney beans-the recipe wanted two can of black beans and I only had one. So in went the kidney beans) This soup was easy, it freezes and John and I had it for lunch for the week.John asked me to make more. Now that's a good review.








I also made the cornbread from the book but, I will be looking for a new recipe. This one was too heavy and I like a little zing to my cornbread.


  I also had my birthday celebration. It was everything I wanted it to be. My husband worked so hard on it. I got to spend the evening with the two most importants males in my life and my family and freinds.That's what I wanted.... music, food and wine. It was the best way to end fall because....the next morning we woke up to snow and it's not leaving.So goodbye fall and hello winter.

2 comments:

  1. Ok LOVE your new Blog set up!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I turned 40 on Oct. 29th! The best is yet to come, my friend. I'm glad everything was just as you wanted it. :)

    ReplyDelete