Friday, August 5, 2011

Beauty everywhere










  I think that part of being healthy is the ability to see the amazing things around you and be thankful for them.I hope to teach that to my son. He is~ as you know from previous posts~ a bug lover.I have had to put away any squeamish thoughts because I have to save them all. Spiders,moths,ants,flies they all must be taken outside to live a great life.So this week we went on an adventure. I had to get him outside.So to tantalize his almost six year old brain, I said lets bring the camera,a notebook and a pen.I found out the most wonderful things about our neighborhood from a little boys perspective.It is amazing what children think.What would have taken easily 15 minutes as a walk took us about two hours of seeing things through his eyes and taking some pictures of some pretty amazing things.

2 comments:

  1. Have taken many, many walks like this with my boy, too. He is a big boy now (almost 16) so these pics take me back.

    I just brought in a plant that is suffering in the heat and put it on top of my washing machine. There are some teeny tiny ants that keep coming out and I keep using index cards to get them to crawl on so I can take them back outside to the spot where the plant was living. I hope they find their buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie I love it!! Josh always makes me save everything...okay no wasps,they always get a scream of terror.lol.
    16..sigh..this journey with Josh is already going so fast.He is 6 today.I can't imagine 16.

    ReplyDelete