Wednesday, July 27, 2011

menu plans and groceries



  So it's time for groceries in a couple of days.I always have grand plans for recipes and menu planning. I know it keeps costs down and it helps when I'm working that the boys know what they are eating.What holds me back..well just sitting down and doing it.But, like alot of great things it just takes TIME.I am hoping that I can cut my grocery costs down and I always feel great having a plan.I also tend to get carried away I buy too much.I also buy for 2 weeks but, I am finding that fruit and veggies don't want to last that long.So need to tweak my grocery plans.
  For myself I have always kept an ongoing grocery list as things run out.Next I look at the recipes I want for the next week.(That doesn't happen all the time..sometimes I just wing it and that's when the cost go up)then it's off to the store and sometimes it's convenience over lower costs of another store.I found some sites that have helped me in the past .organizing junkie she has a whole section on menu planning, grocery lists and recipe organization.It is a great resource.The next one is Money Saving Mom she also talks about menu planning and cutting cost.The only bummer is the amazing coupons they get it the states.
  So today I am spending the day coming up with a new menu plan and grocery ideas.I will share the results tomorrow.
  On a fun note I have found a new product I love. It's a soy creamer and I don't miss my cream in my coffee.Super Yummy!!!
  The sporks sisters did again with a fantastic online class of summer foods.If you haven't seen them yet go to http://sporkonline.com/ they are funny,super informative and August is Greek food.I can't wait!! I am VERY excited to get their new Cookbook coming out in October.I am going to pre buy it.I have NEVER bought something before it is released but, I really love these two!

No comments:

Post a Comment