Friday, April 22, 2011

nights and days

  So I haven't posted in a couple of days. I was working and cleaning my house (I would much rather be blogging).BUT, I did take some pictures of my "advegtures" the past couple of days so I thought I would share.
  I have been making some quick meals.I just want to show everyone how easy vegan cooking is.
  So stuffed peppers are my go to meal.They are easy and I can make extra for lunches.For this one I did basmati rice,kale,chick peas,green onions,kalamta olives,and some lemon juice.I just mix,stuff the peppers and they go in the oven at 350 for about half hour.I do cover them in tin foil so the rice doesn't get hard.(This was one of my learning curves:) I just check to see if the pepper is slightly tender to the touch if not pop it in for a bit longer.
  Stir Fried rice-I keep a big batch of rice on hand in the fridge for those " I need something fast" moments.So this one I just looked in the fridge and asked which veggies did I want.So in went mushrooms,snow peas,green onions,and I had left over tofu from the night before.Then I just toss in the rice to warm it up and put a little Bragg's on top.It was so yummy!!
  The last picture is from the day that my sister came over with her girls and Japanese exchange student Misaki, we did our Easter eggs together.I had taken a Vegetarian Canadian Living cookbook out of the library.This was super great and I got to use some of my fresh Rosemary.Yippee!! This one had tomatoes,rosemary and balsamic roasted in the oven.Then you add kalamata olives and fresh basil.It was wonderful and fresh. The best thing was I was spending time with my sister and picking her culinary brain.She went to culinary school so I thought who better to teach me some knife skills.She also showed me how to depit those olives WAY faster.So there in the afternoon I was learning,laughing and spending time with someone I love.It can't get any better than that.
   My next post is going to be about a wonderful women who teaches raw food courses in town.I had her come to my house and teach my family about smoothies and juicing.So stay tuned.I am going to leave with a  YouTube video.It's two sister that are vegan and they are so bloody cute.They talk about what you should have in your pantry.I really enjoyed it and they were so excited to share.So enjoy and Happy Easter!!

3 comments: